Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hawaiian Dream Trek: Pearl Harbour

We were on the road by 8.45am heading for Pearl Harbour and the Arizona Memorial. It is hard to describe the memorial, I felt sad for all the young men that died there on 7th December 1941, but all I really could think is " War is stupid ".

The V.C. is the start to the memorial and before you go out to it on a boat, you watch a 20min video about the Arizona and its part in World War II. All in all we were there 2 hours. After which it was time for lunch.

But first we went to get some Boogie Boards, which the others are trying out now. I am gonna try tomorrow, without lenses or glasses, so that I can't possibly lose them. I have my goggles with me, but after losing the safe key, I don't feel so lucky!

a better picture than the non active blowhole From there we drove to the " Blow Hole ", which didn't do us the favour of blowing, but according to Todd, there is another on Kauai, so better luck there.

Mei and Albert cooked for us tonight, but before then Todd took some pictures that could be used for the catalogue. If they are I will be in them, as I was in the shower at the time! After dinner we made a campfire and we had s'mores and marshmallows.

All except Ulrike and I decided to spend the night under the stars. Well at about 5am they all joined us back in the tents as it started to rain!.

No comments: