Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Hawaiian Dream Trek: Sacred Falls

Set off today at 9am and our first stop was the hike to Sacred Falls. That was fun, even though I did nearly break my ankle, when I slipped on the mud, but I luckily only grazed my palms!


The falls were beautiful, and I am glad Nicki convinced me to change and go for a swim in the pool. I think I probably shocked most people when I just changed then and there, but as I always say, we are all made of the same stuff!

When we got back to the van, it was time for lunch, so Todd drove us to a nice picnic spot, again on the beach, and then we headed for the North Shore. That was a bit disappointing, as the sea was as calm as a mill pond, so there wasn't a single surfer to be seen. But there were some beautiful beaches. One of which we went to after checking out Haleiwa. In Haleiwa we had the Hawaiian speciality " Shaved Ice ". It was nice, but it was so big, that it got a bit sickly about 1/2 way through and I threw it away.

The beach we went and sat on was Waimea Beach, there was a big rock not far off shore, where they were all jumping from. They were fun to watch, but none of us tried it. When it got cloudy we made our way to the shops then back to camp. Where Ulrike made us Spaghetti with a tomato sauce.

We all got dressed up (meaning jeans and T-shirt) and went "to the movies". We went to see "Never been Kissed", with Drew Barrymore, nothing spectacular, but the guy in it was just adorable!! (I have since found out that his name is Michael Vartan!)

We got back to camp at about midnight and all went straight to bed.

No comments: